Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I Heart Fabric

I am obsessed with fabric.  I have been collecting fabric, saving old clothes, and trolling around fabric stores for years.  I don't know what it is.  All the colors, patterns, and possibilities, really, just make me happy.  So what have I been doing with this fabric for all these years?  Nothing really.  The occasional attempt at constructing a new piece of clothing out of an old one, but usually, I just keep it...until recently.

I have decided that it is high time I get on with it and, well, for today and the last week or so, I have been making pillows out of said fabric.  Here are a few of my creations.  Each has story. 


The pink print is from an old jumper I no longer fit into.  The yellow is from JoAnn Fabrics.

The dragonfly print is from a trip to Sew LA.  They have a wonderful fabric selection, offer classes, and are ridiculously nice and helpful people.


Also from Sew LA.  I mean seriously, its gorgeous, right!  Makes me smile.





These two are from old shirts that my husband recently retired that I couldn't resist keeping.


This Indonesian batik print was a wedding favor.   What a brilliant idea!  
Thank you to Maranda and Timo!

Would love to hear if you like them!  

1 comment:

  1. I heart your pillows! You could even frame some of that fabric and put it on your walls! Love that you are loving life! xoxo

    ReplyDelete